Monday, October 1, 2007

it's raining, it's pouring.







iii carumba its pouring rain over here! I am soaking wet at a Kinkos somewhere around Green Park. Today has been soooo challenging but well worth every bit of it. I am trying to upload some pictures so you can see what I have been doing. I woke up at 7:30 and I was still so tired. I went to breakfast and packed my bags. My luggage is still at the hotel and I need to go grab it before my flight tonight. Let me just tell you thank goodness for nice people. I found my way to the FREE bus and then to the underground (subway). I purchased an all day travel pass for the Piccadilly Line. It works wonders! I have had trouble with my credit card though. Thank goodness I have cash and could exchange it for pounds because I would have been completely stuck. Anyway some woman felt bad for me and helped me out. GOD BLESS HER!

Luckily, I found my way to South Kensington where all the museums are. I went to the Science Museum, Natural History Museum, and the Victoria and Albert Museum. They were all interesting but truthfully, I was bored after about um.... 2 minutes of each. Surprise Surprise? Dad, you would have loved the Science museum; I thought about you the whole time.



Things are going really well though. It sucks not being able to share this experience with anyone. Right when you really wish you had someone to laugh at when you look so stupid is right when you realize you are alone again. I have had a lot of peace in my alone time but i'm ready to meet some friends. It's interesting being the outsider... it's kinda nice because I really don't care about much but at the same time its frustrating standing in the middle of a foreign country soaking wet with a torn map. I have had many highs and few lows. Not to shabby :)


Along with this journal I have my own personal journal I write in each chance I get. I am trying to write down at least one thing I learned that day and my favorite moment. Yesterday, I learned that an elevator is called a "lift" here. Seems fitting but at first it did not register. I also learned that it's okay to be completely unfamiliar.


I have a LONG day still ahead. I have to catch some lunch and then head back to Heathrow; thinking about picking up that luggage causes my stomache to nausiate. Then I am finally on my way to Tanzania. Right when I am getting used to London, I vacate. Being able to explore has really sparked an even greater interest in backpacking Europe. These past two days has jsut been a tease. I swear if I wasn't sure about Africa I would just stay in Europe for three months! I have WAY better pictures but it took forever and these were the only ones that popped up. Hopefully I can get more later. Cheers!


Love from far far away,


ka ka ka katie










1 comment:

Sarah Lewis said...

Hi betht friend!!! i miss you!! reading about your museum adventures made me think of us being together at something like that haha!! can u imagine! wow....lol well i am praying for you and always thinking about u. me love you long time

S= sssssuper, sssssassy, sssssexxxy, SARAH