Wednesday, November 7, 2007







yUo R my hApiNes.




Not to much to share but I am uploading pictures and a video. Lets pray that it works!!! This week has been pretty busy but I am still sick. I have pink eye and diarrhea! Ewwwww i know. It sucks soooo bad. I went to the doctor today and got some meds so hopefully all will be good soon. VERY SOON. ha. I actually wrote a really stupid poem but i left it at home so I can't post it yet. To be continued regarding the diarrhea!




So, this weekend I am going skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH! I am so excited but terrified. We were supposed to go tomorrow but because of my lousy condition, we are stalling the extravaganza. The jump is over Mt. Kilimanjaro. For those that don't know about it google it. It is a place that people travel from all over the world just to climb. Since I am not brave enough to climb it, i figured I would jump out of a plane over instead. Pray for me!! I can't wait!



Next Friday is my safari. Lots of exciting things are happening! This trip is amazing because I get to love on kids, but also explore Africa. I really feel like i live here. Although I miss certain things, I think I could actually call this place home. Not likely but at least I'm comfortable :)


I'm trying to load more pictures but this is Africa and everything is v e r y s l o w. Hopefully the video plays. The adorable little creature is Saidi. He's the most lovable child on earth. I really wish I could take him home with me. It is so close up because he was sitting on my lap... I also couldn't edit it so its sideways! Sorry!

Recently, I was asked what the best gift is that I have ever recieved. It took me days to come up with an answer. As the holiday season is coming up, I found it fitting to dicuss it. Not what my best gift was, but the importance of meaningful possessions. Not once did I consider anything that cost a large amount of money. Not clothes, i-pod, or material items. I had never really put a lot of thought into it but I was really refreshing; very humbling. Again, it made me realize things that are really important in life. Like this person did for me, I challenge all of you reading this to analyze your favorite gift. The one that made a bad day turn good, a dry season flourish with rain. As Christmas rolls around encourage one another with gifts that will last longer than the new fashion trend; eternal gifts that make a life long impression.


I can't wait to tell you about the skydiving. Hope all is well. i miss YOU.



"If you don't live for now, then now you are not living."


People often wait to do things they really want to do, say things they meant to say, and search for a better opportunity. Start now; do not wait. Its like Home Alone (Ithink?). He had new skates and didn't want to wear them and ruin them. By the time he wanted to, they no longer fit. Don't wait, otherwise, the skate may never fit.



<3








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi kates!!! WOW!! TELL ME ALL ABOUT SKYDIVING!! its sooooo much fun but you are lucky you're doing it over Africa!! I hope you feel better hun! love you lots! I cant wait to see all your pics when you get home! Hopefully Oma tells me when so i can come to her house and see you and get the WHOLE scoop!! Love you and miss you cousin!

sarah

mom said...

Katie,I love the video! What a precious child He is. Be safe, and know you're loved!!!


MOM<><





,

unchained melody said...

Hey Kates,

i love that video. How cute is that kid?! It was really nice to hear your laugh on the video.

I have been praying for your skydiving adventure. I'm surprised I don't have diarrhea from just thinking about it! You're gonna love it, I'm sure.

Love you. Be safe! :)