Wednesday, November 21, 2007

turkey turkey turkey

Happy Turkey day! I knew there would be times when I felt the most homesick. Thanksgiving is definitely one of them. I miss being home and playing turkey football! Everyone eat some stuffing for me because my cuisine is not quite the same!

So today was a very cool day! I went to the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda! The Rwanda genocide herrings are held in Arusha so we went and sat in on them! You sit behind a glass and listen through headphones fro the interpretations but you can see everything going on. Its really very interesting that these trials are STILL running and will continue to for a long time! to be honest, it was really hard to follow along because it is all confusing but still... it was cool! I wish I wasn't ADD because I could have stayed longer but... i could only take so much.

I moved beds! No more top bunk from satan anymore! I know that means nothing to you but you have no idea how much better my sleep is. I can actually get up in the middle of the night to pee! Its great! too bad I only have about 4 nights left at Good Hope but still...

Lets see what else? This weekend we are going to a Christmas market??? I'm actually really excited to see but a bit skeptical. IT is really strange because I am used to Christmas being cold. It is summertime here so it doesn't feel like the holiday season!

To Be honest I don't really feel like writing so I will continue this later. I'm thinking of all the things I am thankful for and it is really refreshing to think about. There is SO much that I never give enough credit for and spending quiet time just on gratitude feels wonderful.

Sorry about the lame-o blog... hopefully next time it will be better!!!

"I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but i can do somthing.
And, I will not let what I cannot do
interfere with what I can do."

No comments: