Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm one happy camper


A kitchen party. This is the night before a woman gets married. Apparently they teach the bride how to "go to bed" but I didn't see any of that. It's really strange. The bride NEVER smiled the whole time.

Meet Bakari. We call me Popati which means rough. He's lovable but VERY rough.

Children at Living Water driving in th dala dala.

Grubbin' with my hands. Sexy!

My old host mama.

Living Water Kids again.

I was SO sweaty but this is the handsome Juma.

Juma and Swaifi just being kids :)

The stunning water fall at Kilimanjaro.

You know you are in Africa when you have to push the daladala.

My maasai friends!

The infamous goat that I ate at the wedding!


He's precious.
Ninafuraha.

Good Afternoon America! This week has been pretty casual but still good. I actually only taught one day this week and the rest of the time I was at home helping Saum. I was SUPPOSED to go on my safari but a bunch of BS happened with the company so I never went. SO frustrating. But, I did plan my trip to Zanzibar which is SO exciting! Hopefully I'll come home with a sweet tan!

So this week Bakari (the little one in the close up picture) ripped his pants at school. He forgot to wear underwear and he ran all the way home with his bum hanging out. I didn't see it but heard it was hilarious. These kids are SO dang cute.

Yesterday, I went to the goat market. How I was leered into that I still have no idea...never again! Actually it was good to see once but still, very bizarre. Not to be graphic but the male goat anatomy is a sight I wish I never saw. Saggy water balloons is a perfect visual! Not to mention they way they crap...looks painful. hahaha sorry i know I'm crude by my goodness people! While you are watching, smelling, hearing, and "admiring" the goat, they serve you chunks of goat meat on a platter. After my wedding experience, I am so OVER goat. I was never into but now its really over. Also, when it starts getting dark the mosquitoes come out. And, there is no such thing as electricity at the goat market. Walking blind among god knows what is an adventure in itself. It involved a lot of laughing, tripping, and slight anxiety.

This is my last week at Good Hope. The thought of saying goodbye to these 9 kids kills me. My heart is so attached and its going to hurt :( I go to Living Water for 2 weeks then Zanzibar for my last week. I cannot believe I only have one month left. I have been here for 7 weeks! I can't believe how fast time has gone by!!!

Well, I'm in a rush so I need to go. Enjoy the pics! There are so many better ones but lots of them don't load. These are all old so hopefully soon I can post skydiving and all that jazzy stuff. I hope everyone is enjoying there week! Thinking about Thanksgiving coming up makes me super homesick!!!

Love to you all!

What's going to happen is going to happen.
You can't stop the rain.

No comments: