Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Philippians 2:14

First things first. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROXY! Wish we could be there to celebrate but we are thinking of you, and love you so.


The reading passage for my daily devotional was Philippians 2:1-11. The bold text following said "shining stars"; it caught my attention through my sleepy morning eyes. 2:14 says, "Do everything with out complaining or arguing".

Gulp.

It hit me. How much precious time do I spend complaining? Or arguing? Considering all the blessings my Savior has offered, I'm consistently too eager to complain, and too anxious to just relax. I perpetually have too many expectations and when life hands me something unexpected, my reaction isn't always accepting.

So, this is an addition to my prayer list today, and hopefully yours reading this, too.

Let's have a day of rejoice, with no complaints, deal?

<3
k.

4 comments:

kelly said...

deal! good words this morning. 15 days!

unchained melody said...

you're so wise, kates!

Carla Jozsa said...

Kates- You've clearly received much wisdom and revelation from the lover of all.(Ephesians
1:17-23) Your words encourage me.
Let's choose a to have the best day ever, everyday...

Yulie said...

I like this one. Even though I'm not a biblical girl, I think there is a lot of truth in your entry :). It's easy to let the days go by thinking about what makes us unhappy and what could've changed that would've made it right. But it's really hard to take a step back every day and realize the blessings we've been granted. Maybe all of the mistakes and life annoyances are what lead to our happiness in the end :).