Sunday, September 26, 2010

PS: I love you.

It's early, and I didn't sleep well last night. This is my usual time that I get up, and read a devotional and have some God time. Today, I feel like writing and catching up since I haven't in so long. I'm sorry for those that have been waiting.

Time has been flying so quickly. I've been keeping so busy and honestly been extremely stressed. School is so challenging and exhausting that by the time the end of the school day is over I just want to curl up, eat, and stare at a wall. I don't, but I want to. Lately, I've had so many emotions pour out of me. I think the distance, change, and overwhelming amount of stress has caused me to panic. In what sense? I'm not really sure. I just feel a lot and seem to be angry too easily. I do not like it.

I can't tell you how many times I apologized to Luke this week. Simple things were annoying me, and I was just snappy. Girls, you know that feeling. But it was never anything he deserved. Luckily, he loves me enough to overlook it the second it happens. He looks at me, laughs, and hugs me; behavior that I don't deserve after snapping. Thanks love, for understanding me, and loving me unconditionally.

Yesterday was a great day though. Luke and I have been cooking "surprise dinners" every Sunday. We cook throughout the week together but on Sunday we switch off cooking for each other, and it's a surprise! So he had to go to the store to pick up a few things for dinner because it was his turn. It gave me a great opportunity to go on a run. Man I needed it. There was a lift off my shoulders and I literally asked God to help me from feeling easily angered, stressed, and insecure. I sat on some rocks at the ocean, and felt like I was in the perfect place at the perfect time. I'm in Ireland, with the love of my life, and been taking it for granite ever since school started. It felt good and right to talk to God about it and as I chose to walk home instead of run, I smiled the whole way. I returned home first and when Luke walked in the door later, I just hugged him in the center of our living room. It was the best, safe hug. I finally felt rest and didn't even need to tell him, he already knew.

The day continued and it was joyful. We talked to family on skype, ate our steak dinner that Luke prepared, and watched PS I love you. It was our first movie we have been able to watch since we have been here! We set up a mini movie theater in our living room, ate popcorn, and I cried the entire way through the movie. As a female, it was the cry that had been waiting to come out. Watching the movie in Ireland felt entirely different, much more moving. (or perhaps it was my emotional state, ha). Either way, I bundled my head into his shoulder and just let myself cry. I feel so blessed to be loved by him.

Now, a new work week continues. I've had my healing moment and I hoping it continues throughout the week! We leave on Friday for Munich. Oktoberfest baby!!! We are SOO excited!

So besides my stressed work weeks, the weekends have been fabulous! We gave a toast "To Arthur!" on Arthurs Day (the creator of Guinness. It is a huge event here and we were so lucky to take part in it. The whole Eyre Square was filled with people, live entertainment, and of course, beer. It was delightful :]

Then, the Annual International Oyster Festival was this weekend. Thousands of people from all over the world come here just for the festival. We watched the parade, enjoyed more live music and street entertainers, and went out to some new pubs. It was great and energetic!

Please don't get me wrong, WE ARE LOVING IRELAND. Every morning I wake up and am so thankful for this entire experience. I do not want to distort the thousands of enjoyable moments by recent heavy heart. Thanks readers for allowing me to vent. It's not always easy being honest on here, but it wouldn't be right if I wasn't.

I say this everytime but I will try and update more often. I'm sure after Oktoberfest, I will have SO much more.

OH! We went to one of my students birthday parties on Friday. Here's the video that captured my heart!




Talk soon. Thanks for the patience people!

<3
ms. j

2 comments:

Tip said...

Kates - I love the video ... love how you continue to touch people where ever you go ... all over the world. Luke - thanks for taking such good care of Katie, making her feel safe, understanding and loving her. I'm all lumpy throat now and miss you both so much. God bless.

Sarah J said...

Hey Katie and Luke!!

I absolutely love the video! You are so blessed to be able to work with those wonderful students! What an awesome feeling it must be to be touching so many children's lives!

Seems like you guys are really enjoying yourselves! Andrew and I are literally living vicariously through you two right now! Miss you and glad you are keeping us posted! Love you! XOXOX