Thursday, August 5, 2010

Many Thanks.

We are about to embark on this awesome journey but we couldn't have done it with out the support from our family and friends. I'd feel guilty all the way to Rome if we didn't take the time to give our thanks. I'm writing, but the appreciation comes from Luke as well.

Mom and Dad: ah hem. Writing this the day before departure is probably not the best; I'm trying to do this with a giant lump in my throat! I was glad the shock factor wasn't as bad when, a year ago, I mentioned this trip. I guess a lifetime of "katie" surprises such as the shooting and traveling to Africa alone, doesn't make Ireland seem so outrageous. Since the beginning you were calm, cool, and very supportive. You've been such an example for Luke and I and have never shown anything besides love and an abundant about of encouragement. THANK YOU for loving me, for loving the man I love, and for being the rock in our family since day one. I love you, i'll miss you, and I look forward to sharing our adventure together across seas, once again. No Malaria this time, mom :]



Mark and Roxy: Where do I begin? Both of you have taken me into your home like your own daughter. Without your casita, coffee in the morning, and dinner every night we could have never prepared for this upcoming endeavor! I'm just kidding, kinda. Truthfully, your family has become my own and I am so thankful and blessed to share my life with you. Luke and I have learned so much from our daily conversations, and casual lazy evenings. I really can not express my gratitude enough for raising Luke the way you have; he's a fine young man and you both deserve two thumbs up. Thank you for accepting and loving the "katie" in me. I love you both, and look forward to hopefully spending Thanksgiving with you in Ireland!!!

Mel and Fred: I'm sure gonna miss you two. Who lets people live rent free? YOU DO. Financially, you helped us save some bills. However, living with you was such an example and a learning experience for me. I love all the late night or early morning conversations. I feel like the luckiest sister to have such an inspiring couple as my example. Luke and I have a lot of live up to but your protection, prayers, and guidance is much appreciated. Thank you for loving me, loving Luke, and supporting us along the way. We certainly could not have done this with out you.

Nicole and Andy: I thought I was lucky with my own family, but having you guys is the cherry on top. As a couple you have encouraged, guided, and loved us ALL along the way. Watching you get married, and plan a life together has been such an incredible experience to watch. We are constantly eyeing in awe and are so proud and honored to be so close to you. Andy, Luke has looked up to you since the day we knew you existed. He is so in love with you and I'm lucky he has such an awesome mentor. We love you both and still hoping you'll surprise us in the Emerald Isle!

Kelly and Jared: Lessons. Love. Patience. We have learned so much from you, both. Your realness and love for each other is one of the greatest examples we could see. Thank you for making us a part of your life while supporting and loving us all the way from a different state. Kelly, I cannot WAIT to see you in Ireland. As sisters and friends I'm so thankful I have such willing and supportive people that are traveling around the globe just to see me. You are one of the coolest, intelligent, and most unique individuals and your own traveling experiences have given me the courage for this trip. I love you. I'll miss you. I'll see you soon!!!

To all of our friends, extended family, and anyone I didn't specifically mention above. With a gracious heart, THANK YOU. To the girls at school who inspired and supported me from the beginning, thank you for that little going away shin-dig. IT. WAS. AWESOME; it made me feel incredible special.



For those of you who spend most weekends or night at four kegs with us, thanks. You're friendship has been built off nothing but laughter, fun, and a significant amount of love. Thanks for dancing with us at the Bon Voyage party, you rule!!!












Bestest friends, I'll miss you!!! It's the best feeling that no matter what part of the world were in, we will be forever close. You make my world a much brighter place. Thank you for your patience, devotion, and support the whole way through. I'm hoping to see you across the world!!!!

Jesus, above all, thank you. Not a day goes by that I do not feel blessed. Thank you for showing each of us how to love and be loved. Without you, we'd all be nothing. I appreciate the curiosity and zest you supply. You've created in me, a new heart. I love you.

Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it."
Ezra 10:4

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS MADE THE JOURNEY POSSIBLE!!!!!!

<3

2 comments:

unchained melody said...

OMG. thanks, kates. i'm crying, crying, crying... but all happy tears. it's no secret your existence is an outpouring of love, adventure, fun, and laughter. proud doesn't begin telling it. i love you. so so much do i love you.

Always, Christina said...

You two are going to have such an amazing time. Enjoy every single moment while you are there. This is definitely a journey you will never forget and is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Take lots of pics and soak in all of the unforgettable moments. We will miss you at the wedding, but if it were us in your situation, NOTHING would stop us from the trip you two are going on! Be safe and maybe, JUST MAYBE, we will come into enough money to get plane tickets to join you out there for a short time. Talk to you soon! Love you guys!!