Monday, August 9, 2010

Italy... Quick update!!

Hello Everyone! This has to be super quick, unfortunately. I love to write and have so much to say but I don't have enough time now! So we made it safe!! Everything has gone so smoothly and it's been quite the adventure in 5 days!The flight to London wasn't bad, although we got no sleep. We arrived in London, droppedvour luggage off as planned and set off to catch our flight to Rome. Thanks to my perfect directions (I was so proud) we caught everytime and bus and navigated perfectly. It was exhausting though! We were sooooooo tired. By the time we got to Rome we didn't know what day or time it was. Luckily, we stayed at a nice place with our own private bathroom and bedroom. It was the perfect end to two long days of travel. We woke up Saturday morning and made our way to the Vatican city. In this time frame, I can't go into detail and j would ruin explaining it if I tried to crunch it in. I will go into detail later when I'm not typing on my itouch with10 min of Internet time. We spent so much time at the Vatican we didn't have time for the colleseum. We did have time for the trevi fountain and the Spanish steps, and some gelato too. Yum! We than drank wine and ate pizza for dinner, best day ever! Well, I thought until we went to the colleseum on Sunday. We were both in awe! Again, more detail to come. We also toured the paletine and saw ruins dating back to 750 bc! It was incredible! That same day we ventured to sorrento. We didn't arrive until 11 pm or so. It was a CRAZY adventure to find our hostel but it was well worth it. It's a bed and breakfast and it's adorable. We are in sorrento now in the middle of olive and lemon trees looking at the medittranean sea. Our room is so cute! We are staying three nights total. Yesterday we spent the day at the beach. We stumbled upon a secluded beach area and loved every minute. We jumped off rocks into the sea and found a rest right on the edge. It was so beautiful and adventurous!! Now, we are waiting fpr our ride to take us to Capri! We are going to the blue grotto. If you don't know what it is, google it. We've heard it's amazing and are excited to explore! Tomorrow is a long day of travel. We will pass through Naples, go back to rome, pass through Pisa to see the tower and by nightine be in Florence. We will be in the Tuscany area for about 3 days. That's the plan now but the schedule keeps changing so who knows. Gotta go! I promise to blog better when I have an actual computer. The people, food, scenery, and lifestyle has been such a blessing to experience. We still can't belive we have 20 more days before Ireland. We've only been I'm one country and still have 5 to go! Praise god, he's incredible! I pray everyone gets a chance to experience something like this. Thanks for your patience! I life is findiing everyone healthy, happy, and safe!

Love from the beautiful sorrento,

Kates

1 comment:

Mrs. Mackin said...

Katie! I am so happy for you and Luke! I want to know how you planned all this and got it done. One day i would love to do with with Mackin one day. Love you God Bless You both are in our prayers